So yeah, I know it's been forever. Part of the reason is that I couldn't find the cord to upload pictures to the computer until yesterday (it had gotten left in our suitcase from our trip in July). But now I have no excuse. Life just goes on. I'm part of a book club at church, so I just started reading Kathryn Stockett's "The Help" yesterday. It's really good so far! I'm also in charge of the ward playgroup. So far we've had four people come, then nobody last week. Hopefully tomorrow's is better!
Here is a break for a few pictures:
Cora helping me make cookies

Cora always to be a "hot dog" after her bath

Lately her imagination has been taking off. She will often put Legoes to her ear and say she's calling Grandma. This time she used her cantaloupe rind!

Here I am, about 20 weeks pregnant! This was taken last Saturday, so it's very recent. The ultrasound is next week! I'm well into my second trimester now, and aside from occasional minor aches and pains, I'm really comfortable. I felt the baby move around two weeks ago, though I wasn't sure at first if it really was the baby. I had occasionally felt what seemed like kicks, but way too early or in the wrong area (like right below my ribs, and my uterus definitely isn't that big yet). So I didn't pay that much attention. But one day I was just sitting there, and realized that I was feeling a lot of nudges right below my belly button that were too regular to be gas bubbles but too irregular to be my heartbeat. It still took a day or so for me to convince myself that it was the baby. The first movements I felt with Cora were wiggly and kind of spasmodic, but these movements were very defined. I was sure I couldn't be feeling such distinct movements already, but I was! And they've just been getting stronger. Josh was able to feel the kicks last Saturday, which was very exciting! They were pretty strong, too! Must be having a boy ;D I'll make sure to post next Tuesday and let you all know.
In the last week, I've started trying to be more goal-oriented. I was feeling a little directionless, and then we had a Relief Society activity where our presidency introduced a goal-setting program for us, kind of similar to Personal Progress in Young Women's. Right now I'm focusing on praying morning and night, reading my scriptures, and writing in my journal every day. So far so good! I'm also trying to spend more time playing with and consciously teaching Cora and a lot less time on the computer. That's my biggest time-waster.
Speaking of which, I've been on here way too long. See ya next week!
You look so cute. It's always exciting when you start to feel movement! Cora is so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI bet he's gonna be a drummer.
ReplyDeletelove all the pictures. Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl.
ReplyDelete