Cora's first day of nursery! Even though she turned 18 months on February 6th, which was a Sunday, she didn't start nursery until February 20th. We had stake conference on the 6th, and on the 13th, she had a fever in the morning and napped past the start of church (2:30pm). Josh came and picked us up for the 3rd hour, but I didn't want to put her in nursery. She has now gone two weeks, and would go every day if they had it. As soon as she gets in there, she completely ignores us. And that's pretty much what I figured would happen. She's very independent. Sunday School has been soooooo nice without having to watch her.
"Helping" Mommy pack
I finally started packing today. It's going fast, but I need to remind myself that I thought the same when packing to move here, and I wound up frantically throwing our stuff into boxes the day the Elder's Quorum came to help us move. I don't want to do that again. So I'm going to try to get a lot packed in the next few days. Josh's mom is going to come visit next week to help us get ready to move. I am definitely looking forward to the help! The box in the picture is a big one that Cora played in a lot. I filled it with sheets and stuff, and then she took it over again. She spent a lot of time today just sitting in it. She wasn't able to climb into it when it was empty, but she could when it was full.
Other stuff: One of our favorite books to read is "Moo, Baa, La -La -La" by Sandra Boynton. It basically is a bunch of animals and the sounds they make. Since Cora knows a lot of the animal sounds now, I'll usually say "The cow says . . ." and let her say "moo." And so on. The second to last page is "'Quack' says the duck. The horse says, 'Neigh.'" She knows the duck sound really well, and she's learned the horse recently. Here's how the page went tonight:
Cora: Quack!
Leila: says the duck. The horse says
Cora: Quack!
Leila: No, what does the horse say?
Cora: Quack!
Leila: The duck says quack. What does the horse say?
Cora: Quack!
And so on. She did eventually say 'neigh,' but it took a little while. This is the second time she's done that. It's so funny! I should try to get it on video sometime when Josh is home. Another funny thing she did tonight was walk out of the bathroom on her knees after brushing her teeth. I have no idea where she got that idea. I might have been moving around on my knees a bit while putting her toothbrush away, perhaps? It was funny. She did it for almost a minute before giving up.
This will probably be my last post for a couple weeks. Wednesday is usually my blog-writing day, and next week Grandma will be here, and then we'll be moving and settling in after that. We'll need a lot of extra time to clean up the murals Cora has done lately!
I think she must just love ducks, Quack is just so much fun to say! :)
ReplyDeletePacking is a lot of work, you are so lucky to be getting help soon! Where are you guys moving to?
ReplyDelete