Phew, I'm glad to get that off my chest! Am I really posting only a week after my last one? Wow. I haven't done that in a while. This time, I actually have things to share. We are moving! That's the news. A little anti-climactic, I know. We've got an apartment in a house in the Houston Heights area, which is northwest of downtown. We'll be only 10 minutes away from Josh's school--hooray! We've been looking since the beginning of January in several different areas of the city. This place is in a great neighborhood with SIDEWALKS! There are almost no sidewalks in Spring, so I am very excited about this.
The apartment itself is very pretty, with hardwood floors and brand-new cabinets. We're on the upper floor of a house that was built in the 1920s. There's no dishwasher or washer and dryer in the apartment, which I said I'd never go without again, but I'm eating my words. (There is a coin-op washer and dryer behind the house.) We really feel like this is where the Lord wants us. We'll be right next to our landlord, who is very friendly. When we went to look at the apartment, he was stuck in traffic and arrived half an hour late, so we got to chat with his wife and 20-year-old daughter for that time. It was really neat. I think we're going to like living by them. We're going to start moving into that apartment on March 9th, and we have to be out of this one by the 16th. I'm really glad we'll have a week to get everything moved over.
Houston Zoo!
Here's Cora admiring a peacock pheasant. Unfortunately, the bird wouldn't pose.
Cora wasn't sure about the animals at first, but she really got into it by the end. She really liked the iguana we saw in the reptile house, and some of the birds. She kept on saying "qua-qua," and we had to remind her that only ducks say that.
She never looks at the camera when I want her to.
Josh's dream is to ride an elephant someday. This is as close as we've gotten!
They had a goat enclosure where the kids could play with and brush them. Cora had a blast. We sometimes had to remind her to be soft.
So, all in all, it was a great visit. I'm glad we got a membership so we can go back. Definitely worth it!
Cute! I hoe you guys are enjoying Texas! Cora is so cute I am excited for Gage to be her age!
ReplyDeleteThe Zoo looks so fun! Cora is a doll!
ReplyDeleteHooray for a nice, new, and close apartment! It really is nice when your husband has a short commute. Good luck with everything! Love yer guts!
ReplyDelete