That's who everyone wants to hear about, right?
Here's Cora playing with her pet elephant. Grandma Watts got it for her for Christmas. She loves to smack it on the back (which is where the button that makes it blow kisses is). She has also learned to tickle it, and she'll go "tick-o-tick-o" while she tickles it under the chin. She likes to carry it around, too. So cute!
Cora just after eating something delicious and chocolate. She enjoyed it. I made Josh clean her up.
So adorable in a yellow dress that my Grandma Watts got for her! It's a size 24months, but the right length. A lot of her 18month dresses are a little too short. She's playing with my necklace.
Cora has discovered her bedsheet. She will usually play with it before going to sleep. The Sunday before last, on Jan. 30, I went to wake her up from her nap (so we could go to church), and I found her underneath it! I cracked up. She was just a big pink lump. By the time I got the camera, she had woken up and was trying to get out. I grabbed Josh, and he laughed, too.
She knows quite a few words and animal sounds. She knows a lot of her body parts, too. She loves to go outside and will run and get her shoes if I ask her to.
Words:
mama,
dada,
chee-oos (cheerios),
shoes,
cheese,
but (button),
fa (flower),
ma (milk and more),
gapa (grandpa) she did say "gama" once!
app-uw (apple),
nana (banana),
josh (socks),
wa (water),
fish (Goldfish crackers—she loves them),
gaga or gaka (cracker),
ju (juice),
uh-oh,
cohw (corn and Cora)
no (nose or no)
ah (eye)
to (toes)
tee (teeth--said when she wants to brush them)
wow (so cute because she elongates the w's a lot.)
da-doo (thank you)
Animal sounds (in approximate order of when she learned them)
elephant
snake
cow
dog (fruff, fruff)
cat (nn-o)
duck (qua-qua)
raptor/tiger
sheep
rooster (sounds a little like "cootchie-cootchie-coo)
pig
We're working on teaching her how to roar like the BYU cougar.
Body parts she'll point to on demand (unless we're trying to get her to perform)
nose
eye
ear
head
cheek
mouth
teeth
shoulders
tummy
belly button (she pushes it and says "hoo" like the doughboy, then tries to "hoo-hoo" me, too)
knee (sometimes)
feet
toes
I tried to upload a video of her making most of her animal sounds, but it was uploading for an hour and a half and still wasn't done, so I canceled it. You can see them on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/video/?id=17811451 I'm not sure if that link will work if you don't have a Facebook page. With pictures I can create a link that doesn't require an account, but I didn't see that option with the videos.
Yay! I finished! I uploaded the pictures for this post last week, but didn't get to the rest of it until today.
Leila, she is SO pretty! She looks like both of you, and is just so cute! And what a smart girl! That's a good list of words. I love the movie clip.
ReplyDeleteThis is a fun post! And as a tip, you can upload videos quickly to YouTube, make them private or unlisted and then share the link or embed onto your blog. Fun!
ReplyDelete