Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Christmas and ultrasound

Here are some pictures from our Christmas with Josh's family, and Tuesday's ultrasound!

Cora and Isabelle making music together

Dog Pile!

Cora LOOOOOOVED the snow.  Even now, she'll ask to go play in the snow whenever she sees a picture or video of it.  I have to try to explain that Houston doesn't get snow.

Cora, Thomas, and Benjamin making a gingerbread train (with some help).  They had a blast!

Opening presents Christmas morning!  We got her some play food, a play kitchen, and I made her an apron.  She loves playing kitchen now.  My mom got her a bunch of plastic animals that she also loves.  She likes to line them up or take a couple with her to the potty and play for a long time.
By the way, she's potty trained!  We started January 2nd because she was really excited about the underwear we gave her for Christmas.  I just put in her in a shirt and underwear for a couple of days (using a Pull-Up when we went anywhere) and sat her on the potty every hour or so.  She went through 5 pairs of underwear the first day, but only 2 or 3 for the next few days, and now she rarely has an accident!  Yay!  I'm enjoying a few diaper-free weeks until Baby Sister comes!

After the 26th, it was just us, Anna, and Rachel's family at Josh's parents.  We went to the City of Rocks, which is a bunch of huge boulders in the middle of a valley.  I never did find out how exactly they formed.  Here's Grandpa "saving" Cora from a rock.


Josh liked seeing how high he could climb.

Family picture!  You can't see Baby Sister, but she's there too!

Cora and Thomas had SO much fun together.  I got a great video of them chasing Josh around the living room that I'll have to post later.  I love Cora's face in this picture.

Cora didn't want to leave!  We all had a great time.

Here's a picture from last night. 37 weeks and 41 inches around at the belly button.  That's what the smaller writing says.  I should have just used a full sheet of paper.  The baby's due February 7th!  Here are some ultrasounds from yesterday.

I think this is a profile picture of the baby's head and shoulder.  I'm not positive.

This is her face!  You can pretty clearly see an eye and her nose.  Her mouth is open.  The image on the ultrasound machine screen was much clearer.  I am getting soooo excited to see her!

This is looking down on her head.  The doctor said she weighs about 6 1/2 pounds and is in the perfect position for birth, though still very high in my abdomen.  My cervix has softened some, but I haven't dilated at all.  I was only dilated about 1 cm when I went to the hospital to be induced with Cora.  I'm excited for this baby to come, but I hope she waits until after my baby shower on the 28th. :)  Because my doctor dated this pregnancy so early (at 7 weeks), she is pretty confident in the due date and doesn't want me to go over. I really don't want to be induced this time, but I decided (with my doctor's encouragement) that the risks of going too late are more important than my desire to avoid being induced, especially since I had such a (relatively) good experience last time.  So I probably won't have this baby much later than February 7th.  I'm still holding out hope for earlier, though.  We'll keep you all posted!  

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you cut your hair. Looks good. We had so much fun with you guys at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I can't wait to see your new addition soon. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete