Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Halloween and so on

Other of my friends have commented on posting very late Halloween pictures--so since I'm posting even later than that, what does that make me?  I am my mother's daughter, I suppose.  I just took my Halloween decorations down yesterday.  
Here we are!  Can you guess what we were?  (Those who don't already know.  Which you probably already do.)

Josh and Cora are two of the three Little Pigs, and I'm the Big Bad Wolf who's already eaten the third one.  Teehee.   We got a lot of compliments and laughs about it.  Cora and I spent a whole day in Josh's classroom helping with the Halloween party, then stayed at the school for a Fall Carnival.  We didn't get home until 9, and we were all exhausted and hoarse after shouting over the noise of the carnival.  That was on Thursday the 27th.  Friday the 28th we had about 25 people over to our little apartment for a Halloween party.  It was supposed to be outside on the lawn, but it was cloudy and cool that day, so no one wanted to go outside.  
We didn't actually end up going trick-or-treating on Halloween itself because we went a party at a ward member's house.  That was fun, though.  But we ended up with a ton of candy because we weren't at our house to give it to trick-or-treaters.  We're still working on it.  We had two sets of missionaries over for dinner tonight, and they very willingly helped diminish our stash.


Our precious two-year-old, in a dress from my aunt Carina!  She's getting so big and grown up!  She needs her bangs trimmed again.  My mom trimmed them when we were in Utah this summer, but they're in her eyes again.  Any ideas on getting her to sit still during the process?
Cora had her two year old well-child check a month ago, and I don't think I posted about it.  And now I can't remember the details.  I think she's about 29 pounds and 32 inches.  Something like that.  The doctor's office didn't give me a printout because their entire computer system was down, but they said they'd mail me one later and I haven't gotten one.  But Cora is healthy, happy, and growing well, and talking up a storm.  I started doing some potty training, but she wasn't that into it, and I didn't get really gung-ho, and now she won't sit on her potty at all.  I think it had something to do with our "cold" spell--she would complain that her potty was cold when she sat on it.  That might be why she won't use it any more.  (By the way, we're back to 70s for highs.  I know you popsicles are probably jealous, but I miss a real fall and winter.  The leaves are finally really falling from the trees, but not very fast still.  I doubt there will be any leaf piles.)
Baby Sister is also doing well.  I think that's going to end up being her name until she's born or until we settle on a name for sure.  We've talked a little about it.  I had a doctor's appointment today, so Cora and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat.  Cora talked up a storm to the doctor, a first.  Every other time we've gone, she's stayed completely silent.  Not today!  Cora hasn't felt the baby kick yet; every time I feel it, I can't get Cora to hold still long enough to feel her baby sister.  Plus, the baby isn't always predictable either.  She could have been pummeling me for a minute straight, and as soon as Josh or Cora put their hand on my belly, she stops.  Stubborn girl.

Well, I think that will be all today.  Josh and I are trying to get to bed earlier, so I'm going to call it a night and start getting ready to settle down.  (Or maybe I'll go back to my book--we pre-ordered "Inheritance," the last book in the Eragon series, from Amazon, and it came yesterday.  I'm on page 271.  But I *should* go to bed.)

1 comment:

  1. wow she's getting so big! They sure grow up fast. love the costumes. Ryan is anxious to get Inheritance, you are lucky you have it already! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete