I'm writing two posts only a week apart! It's part of my new effort to have a weekly schedule for myself in which I do more than just read and bum around the house. I have a chore to do every day, as well as scripture study and "personal enrichment/hobby/improving my talents" time.
Anyways, that's enough about me. I know that anyone reading this really wants to read about Cora. Here are some of her recent accomplishments:
-I think she really knows "mama" and "dada"! She doesn't apply them to us exclusively, but I think she does know them.
-She deliberately kicked a ball a few times (tried to get it on video, but then she decided to stop)
-Her first animal sound - an elephant! Josh does a trumpeting sound for an elephant, and she's been copying him for a while, but now she does it independently. If we ask, "What does an elephant say?" or show her a picture of an elephant, she goes "phbbbt" with her lips, which is her version of Josh's sound. It's really cute.
-She talks up a storm, but nobody knows what she's saying. It's still adorable!
-She will put things into containers. I got her to help me clean up her Legoes today! Then she wants to take them out again, but I just stop her at that point.
Other goings on: Josh started the school year today! The day could have been much better, he said--the kids were off the wall today. He's a little stressed about making sure he's prepared enough. We both knew that this was going to be a difficult year, especially since the school day at KIPP goes from 7:30 to 5. But we'll make it.
I officially start my calling as Achievement Days leader next Tuesday, with our beginning-of-school activity. I still don't have the guidebook from the last leader, so I don't really know what my goals are supposed to be. I'm going to have a meeting with the assistants this week. This is a new experience for me; whenever I'm involved in planning something, I'm usually pretty passive. I generally just support others' ideas rather than come up with my own. Now I have to be the one to take the initiative. I think that's probably one major thing I'm supposed to learn from this calling.
Well, it's now 10:40pm, and I had better go to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment