As we left Wymount, lots of people asked if we had a blog. So I decided to start one. It's a great way to keep in touch with those we've left behind, as well as family.
We're enjoying Spring, Texas, so far. It's about 60 degrees and sunny out right now--woohoo! I took Cora for a walk in the front carrier Josh got me for Christmas after her afternoon nap. I like being able to do that in January, but I kind of miss having snow. And we'll see how I feel come summer, when it's 90 degrees and humid!
Our house is slowly coming together--the bathroom and kitchen are completely organized, the two bedrooms are close. The living room is still a total disaster. But we're going to get some bookshelves today so that we can put all our books and games away. We don't have a couch and have no clue how we're going to get one. We went to Goodwill, and it was tiny. The only furniture they had was an entertainment center, which someone bought while we were there (not that we'd have any use for it, since we couldn't fit our TV into the moving truck). So we're going to go couchless for a while. We might get a futon or something cheap like that after a little while.
The ward here is great. We've already been invited over to dinner 3 times and I got invited to a girls' night on Saturday. There's a funny story about that. The sister in charge of it talked to me at the ward activity the night before, saying something like, "Would you like to come over to our house and hang out on Saturday?" Josh and I assumed she meant both of us come over for games and dessert or something. On Saturday I called her to ask how to get to her house, and asked what we were doing. She said we'd be going to a restaurant and then to a movie. I was very surprised--she hadn't mentioned anything about going anywhere. I was wondering if we would need to get a babysitter.
Saturday night we drove to her house, and as we were pulling up, people started walking out--but they were all women! So Josh went home and I got to know some of the sisters a little better. One of the sisters I talked to said that she also didn't know it was a girls' night until she got an email from the sister organizing it. So I wasn't the only one confused.
Hi Leila...yay for your blog. Glad to hear you are getting settled. Post some pics of your new place when you get a chance!
ReplyDeleteYay! Welcome to blogging! I'll enjoy keeping up with you here. :-)
ReplyDeleteYay for blogs! I'm glad you're getting settled into your new place. I've got a great video of the pinata in Tucson that I'll post soon. Make sure to put lots of pictures of Cora on here.
ReplyDeleteBlogging is great for the friends and family to see what you guys are up to!
ReplyDeleteI've been blogging on and off for a few years now and I love it!
I just found your blog off Facebook. How fun! And summer in Houston WILL melt you... try 99 and humid (not just 90). But that's why there are public pools everywhere! And as far as a couch, Craigslist is a great resource around here.
ReplyDelete